AVCJ Indonesia: Sustaining Momentum when the Buzz Cools
Indonesia's largest and most prestigious alternative asset conference is back for a third year.
AVCJ is proud to announce the 3rd annual AVCJ Indonesia Private Equity and Venture Forum will take place on 20 March, 2013.
Indonesia is no longer the flavour of the month in Asian private equity. The exuberance that surrounded the market during the past few years was dulled somewhat in 2013 by a weakened economy, tepid deal flow, falling currency, slowing domestic consumption and labour struggles. Still, Indonesia's fundamentals are strong, and global and local GPs alike are betting big on the market and its nearly unlimited potential.
Many now believe that Indonesian private equity has entered a new cycle. While the first phase was dominated by domestic players, global and regional GPs are now on the ground making investments and are here to stay. What will this new cycle bring, and how can the industry sustain the momentum built up over the past few years?
The AVCJ Indonesia Forum will again offer attendees the chance to meet with and hear from the leading private equity firms driving the market, along with institutional investors from across the world who are targeting the country for returns.
Topics at the event will include:
• Debating what the new cycle of Indonesian PE will bring
• The impact of QE tapering on Indonesia's economy
• Indonesia's role in SEA portfolio holdings
• Getting localization right
• Economic forecasts for Indonesia and South-east Asia
• Early-stage investments
• Practicalities of doing business in Indonesia
• The coming Presidential election and its potential impact on business
• Effective ways of sourcing, vetting, and structuring deals in Indonesia